How I’m Different.
You won’t have to spend endless time or frustrating energy explaining yourself, justifying who you are as a person or how you see the world. You will be understood, seen and celebrated. This will allow you to have a strong and meaningful therapeutic relationship that is vital to you tackling challenging and sensitive issues.
I’ve devoted many years to reaching out to and working with those who feel like outsiders—The LGBT community, people of color, immigrants, substance abusers. I have also devoted much of my professional time working with men.
I believe that these experiences enable me to reach out to both outsiders and men—groups that don’t see themselves represented (enough) in the therapeutic community.
How I can Help.
- Develop powerful and meaningful insights into destructive behaviors that get in the way of you reaching goals or making positive change;
- Learn and utilize tools that support you to fight against anxiety, depression, anger or whatever else life has thrown at you.
- Begin the journey of exploring, better understanding and utilizing your own personal/powerful qualities that are best suited to tackling difficult or painful challenges.
How you will feel.
Empowered, connected and even transformed. Why? Because when all parts of you are fully seen and supported you can explore your feelings, understand yourself as well as others and take risks. When you uncover and embrace your own personal power you will feel braver, confident, more resilient and alive.
Specialized Training and Experience:
- Substance Abuse and Recovery
- Harm Reduction
- Motivational Interviewing
- Child Centered Play Therapy
- Sandtray Therapy
- Humanistic Therapies
- Psychodynamic Therapy
- Cognitive and Behavioral Therapy
- Psychotherapy with the LGBT community
- Psychotherapy for those living with HIV
- Cultural Competence
- B.A. Government and Urban Studies, Oberlin College, Oberlin, OH.
- M.S. Counseling Psychology--San Francisco State University, San Francisco, CA.
- License: Marriage and Family Therapist, California. MFC#42831